NEWS: GASLANDS: LEGACY is now available in Volume 3 of the BLASTER indie game anthology!
Gaslands: Legacy is a huge new expansion for Gaslands, providing new rules for creating crazy cars and following their exploits over a series of narratively linked games, with a bunch of new legacy mechanics to evolve your vehicles and unlock paths through the story, and to ensure that whatever is done cannot be undone… Gaslands: Legacy is a totally new way to play Gaslands.
- Buy BLASTER Vol.3 (available Friday)
- Create your legacy cars
BLASTER Vol.3 contains all the rules to play Gaslands: Legacy, plus a narrative company of five linked scenarios with a bunch of hidden clues and other surprises.
What You Will Need
To play this Gaslands: Legacy campaign, you’ll need everything that you normally need to play Gaslands, plus the following:
- A copy of BLASTER Vol.3
- A copy of the Gaslands: Refuelled rulebook
- Each player will need two toy vehicles which need to represent cars, performance cars, buggies or trucks, (see ‘Creating a Legacy Team’ below)
- Each player will need a Legacy dashboard card for each vehicle
- Each player will need their own printed set of Legacy templates
- Three ‘corrosive pools’ terrain pieces between the players, which should be roughly Medium in diameter.
- Some toy dinosaurs to menace the wastelanders later in the campaign
How is it “legacy”?
Every toy car in the world gets unique stats. Just type the name on the bottom of your car (or the name you have given the car) into the Gaslands: Legacy vehicle generator and you’ll get your build. If you want a different build, you’ll have to paint up a different toy car!
Bad stuff will happen to your templates. At the start of each campaign, you print a set of Gaslands: Legacy templates for your team and you can be sure bad stuff will probably happen to them (but I’ll let you discover exactly what yourself).
Does the legacy format mean I can only play it once? No. The narrative campaign has several branches for you to explore, and the legacy vehicle generator will give you a near infinite variety of cars. You are of course free to use either or both of the legacy rules and the legacy car generator outside of the narrative campaign, once you have played that through a couple of times.