Forums Community General Vehicle Builds

Topic: Vehicle Builds

Elijah Sheridan
    Participant

What are your favourite individual vehicle builds and why? With which sponsor do you run them?

A simple Miyazaki Buggy with Rocket Launchers is great, but the one I’m most looking forward to playing:

null

A simple Miyazaki Buggy with Rocket Launchers is great, but the one I’m most looking forward to playing:

Murder Bus

Elijah Sheridan
    Participant

What is this ‘Murder Bus’, of which you speak, sir?

Gah, thought that had pasted in okay. For a Flat 50 Cans I present you the Murder Bus – Unsafe at any speed:

Bus
    Weapons:
    Heavy Machine Gun Side
    Heavy Machine Gun Side
    Machine Gun – Turret
    Grenades 360
    Molotov Cocktails 360

Perks
    Boarding Party
    Road Warrior

Essentially Road Warrior lets you refuse to roll the Handling dice under any circumstances, just Shed stress by pwning fools with Rams, Man-o-war style broadsides and a turret. Being able to Turn every round is actually pretty good maneuverability.

Just watch out for Rockets…

Elijah Sheridan
    Participant

Sick!

Liam Allman
    Participant

I rigged up a Volkswagen flatbed with a very, very large gun from a ~38mm car and have been looking forward to running it as this:

Pickup Truck
    Weapons:
    125mm Cannon Fromt
    Grenades 360

Upgrades:
    Prison Car

Perks:
    Battlehammer
    Crowd Pleaser
    Powder Keg
    Road Warrior

The idea is essentially that it’s a sacrificial cannon with too much damage potential to leave alone. I’ll be pairing it off with either a 20pt performance car or two 10pt buggies, the idea being that the pickup haunts the rear of the pack firing its cannon and accruing tons of hazard tokens before finally trying to suicide-plow into someone around Gear 4.

Ian Holdsworth
    Participant

I love some Mishkin madness myself, it may take the full 50, but the following is pretty effective:

Pickup (15)
    Minigun – 360 degree (18)
    Armour Plating (4)
    Tank Tracks (4)
    Experimental Nuclear Engine (5)
    Loader (2)
    Rapid Fire (2)

With 8 dice of shootiness requiring 3’s to hit at double range (plus another 2 dice needing 4’s in handgun range), anything that gets anywhere near is going to take a beating, while the tracks keep the handling high enough to avoid the flips that the nuke engine make catastrophic, while still keeping the max gear at 5 (& who really needs 6th anyway?).

Malificant
    Participant

I’m toying with the following build for my slime team:

Car with hot start, battlehammer, front ram, nitro booster

the idea is to use him as a cruise missile in non death race scenarios to fly into someone and pulverize them. with hot start he gets into gear quickly, and the nitro booster gets him where he needs to be. yes, he will wipe out. yes, it might only hurt once. but damn will it hurt.

in death race he is a great opening gambit to cause some damage to a miyazaki performance car before it gets up to gear.

Rob F
    Participant

Idris ‘Baja Bone Shaker’ 50cans

Performance Car

Turreted Minigun
    Caltrops rear

Nitro Bottle

Hell for Leather
    Expertise
    Big Tires
    Time Extended

the new racer
    Participant

one of my best set up for being in front is buggy with nitro and back flamer with hotstart

CaptainThreeNames
    Participant

I present to you, two fine 25 can builds. These builds are meant for having fun, not winning. If you should win though, you will have the most fun.

Slime buggy
    Buggy 5
    1 ram(side) 4
    1 explosive ram(side) 3
    Shotgun 3
    Grenade 1
    Double barreled 2
    Boarding party 2
    Battle hammer 4
    Hot start 1

Miyazaki bike
    Bike 5
    Armor 4
    Sub machine gun 6
    Smoke 1
    Molotovs 1
    Evasive 5
    Slippery 3

MikeymajQ
    Participant

I made a mean heavy truck for 50 cans
    Scarlett Annie
    Boarding party
    Terrifying lunatic
    Extra crew
    2x grenades
    Shotgun
    Turret harpoon
    Ram (front)

This big boy pulls you, preferably into the ram. And can chuck 5 grenades at medium range twice. It loves to dole out hazard tokens too. Especially since grenades have blast.

Neil
    Participant

I think the one I’ve have had the most fun with is a Miyazaki team with a performance car (with laser turret) and two motorcycles (with SMGs). However, I haven’t played it in Refueled, so I don’t know how it’ll do now.

cosmo789
    Participant

Thank you info.

burinot
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.