Forums Community General RPG compatable with Gaslands in the works.

Topic: RPG compatable with Gaslands in the works.

looted
    Participant

There is a group of us building a Gaslands compatable RPG over at Post Apoc Wargames on tapatalk.

The framework is just about complete, I have not post a useable format at this time but should have it up by Christmas. (Have 30 days off around then to finish it)

I’d like to have a chat with Mike about it at some point before I publish it; trademark / copywrite stuff etc….

Ttfn,

Looted.

looted
    Participant

Imagine an RPG where building your character is intuitive, Simple, flows well with their own story is in fact the background of the character.

Gerald Sears
    Participant

Cool!

What’s the core activity outside of the vehicles? What are characters mostly doing? Is it focused around the racing/demolition derby scene? Is it fighting against Mars in more of an action political thriller vein? Is it focused on survival in the wasteland?

looted
    Participant

The core mechanics are actually completely compatable with ANY table top style game. The whole package is intuitive and follows a flow aroumd simple character design.

There are two ways to use the rpg. (Not including stand alone or suppliment)

Some of the main aspects are built around any campaign style play dealing with groups or solitary humans travelling from one location to the next as is with any post apocalyptical concept.

It takes what you think you know about character design and brings it to a completely new level focusing on a more story driven experience.

You can check on some of the design aspects through the link on the first post.

looted
    Participant

I’ve sent a request through Osprey publishing to Mike as I have had no success via other means.

Gerald Sears
    Participant

Generic might not be the way to go. There are several well known generic intuitive largely store driven roleplaying systems out there (FATE, Tri-Stat, Savage Worlds, Gum Shoe) that can easily be skinned for post apocalyptic future. Why would someone want to use your system rather than a better known system?

looted
    Participant

No worrys. I just recieved notice I am not allowed to even reference Gaslands in it at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.