Forums Community Rules Questions Harpoon & Ramp… (I Know, I know)

Topic: Harpoon & Ramp… (I Know, I know)

Nathan Pence
    Participant

So help me God, the alternate place I play always has a ramp or bridge in play which is awesome, but does lead to some, unique, issues. So, let’s just say I have a vehicle staged with a harpoon set to hook and pull a vehicle off the side of this ramp/bridge, mostly because I intend to make that a thing that happens at some point. How does the fall from the sky get handled? Does being yanked off backwards versus forward matter?

Nathan

Glenn

Well, RAW is actually pretty clear on this, your template or final position overlaps the ramp, you resolve a jump, whatever makes that movement happen. If they’re in a high gear you’ve basically harpooned them as they launched into midair and they’re now swinging towards you at speed in a death from above kind of move, if they’re in a low gear you’ve dragged them off the ramp kicking and squealing. Now, if they get yanked off backwards they’d then move forwards if they made the jump (although how you manage to get someone backwards off a ramp is its own question), you can either see this as someone really gunning the engine as you drag them towards the edge of the drop then hammering forwards when the line finally snaps, but you would be forgiven for stretching the rules for reversing into any backwards movement at that point and having them jump off backwards.

Nathan Pence
    Participant

I was more seeing backwards coming up when I’m beside them, turn them perpendicular to the ramp and yank them backwards off the side.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.