Forums Community Rules Questions Collision questions

Topic: Collision questions

DMmeepo
    Participant

Got 2 questions concerning collisions. First is the wide vehicle using the squeeze through rule to go past an obstacle if the movement template doesn’t touch the obstruction. The rule says that if it’s movement is later interrupted and has to move back along the template, if it overlaps the obstruction it’s movement when THEN be interrupted for its new final position. My question is does this now cause a collision since we aren’t ignoring it?

My second question is one I’ve found asked already but I couldn’t find a clear answer (really sorry if I missed it, I know asking the same question over and over is a no-no but I did try to find an answer first!). What if a vehicle crashes straight into a very large obstruction in high gear and can’t ignore it moving forward on the following turn. House rules aside, what is the actual ruling on getting out of the mess? Would you then have to downshift in order to get to first in order to reverse?

Glenn
    Participant

1) Yes, it now causes a collision.

2) Yes, you need to downshift to first. If you smash into something so huge that you can’t get through it with any of the templates then your interrupted position is at the start of your template, and you stay there until you get down to first and can make a three point turn.

DMmeepo
    Participant

Thank you. I have a third question if you don’t mind. I wanted to ask about twisted metal rule, specifically would a car continue to move after it collides and wrecks another car or would the movement stop at the impact like with a regular collision?

Adran
    Participant

I don’t have the book to hand, so this is from memory (and I can’t actually remember which is the twisted metal rule) but if at the end of a collision the car is no longer in base contact (either because it wrecked the object or some special rule like pile driver moved it out the way) it generally continues its movement.

DMmeepo
    Participant

I assumed so because it’s like that with destructible terrain and the twisted metal rule basically says that if a car is wreck during a collision then you remove the wreck, I just wanted to be sure.

Glenn
    Participant

Yep. Basically, if something interrupts a movement you resolve the collision then if the thing that interrupted the collision isn’t there anymore, for whatever reason, you can finish off the movement. This is also true for pile driver.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.