To keep me focussed, and to help resolve difficult design decisions down the line, I here present the Gasland design principles. These are a work in progress and will likely evolve over time.
- Never sacrifice fun on the alter of realism.
- Don’t use two mechanics where one would suffice.
- There is a single “Gaslands” way of placing and using templates.
- Replace moments of nothingness with somethingness.
- If in doubt, which option is funnier?
- Never knock a player out of the game.
- Gaslands only uses six-sided dice.