Gaslands is my first tabletop wargame, and something I have poured more than two years of my life into.
I am blown away by the reaction to the game and so excited to see people enjoying playing it, and building post-apocalyptic cars for the game.
I’ve had a number of requests and suggestions for third-party accessories for the game. I always hoped this would be the case, and fully support it.
There are, inevitably, some questions of rights and ownership. For example, the designs of the templates, tokens, and skid dice icons, not to mention the rules of Gaslands themselves, are all my own creative work. What I wanted to do is publish some ground rules for people interested in making third-party accessories to make the process as easy as possible!
If you want to produce your own accessories for Gaslands for your own personal use, then go ahead! If, however, you want to produce and sell accessories for Gaslands, then there are three rules:
- You must be a Friend of Gaslands.
- Game Accessories: Designing, producing and selling physical or digital tokens, cards, dice or other gaming accessories for Gaslands is permitted. Feel free to use my designs, or create your own, and sell them wherever and however you like. If you have an idea for something that isn’t on that list, just get in touch!
- Miniatures: Accessories for converting toy cars (e.g. armour plates, gun turrets, weapons, drivers) and Terrain or scenic elements (e.g. wrecked vehicles, race gates) are permitted. If you want to produce Full Vehicle kits (or anything else, for that matter), then please get in touch and we can discuss things in more detail.
I’ve kept the rules simple to make it as easy as possible for people to be creative, and if everyone sticks to them, Gaslands should grow and be a success for everybody. If people don’t follow the rules, I will remove their posts from the forums, official Facebook groups and so on.
Becoming a Friend of Gaslands
Becoming a Friend of Gaslands is easy: just support the Gaslands Patreon at the $4 a month level. You are a Friend of Gaslands for as long as you are a current Patreon backer.
Becoming a Friend of Gaslands does not constitute a licensing agreement for the Gaslands IP. By becoming a Friend of Gaslands, your accessories are not “official”, but it basically means that we’re cool, you are free to use the word “Gaslands” in your listing and keep any money you make from selling your accessories, and you can advertise through the official website, Facebook groups etc.
If you would like to, you may also use this little logo to show that you are a Friend of Gaslands:
If you want a Gaslands logo, here is one (click to download the full resolution image):
Friends of Gaslands
Here are the current Friends Of Gaslands:
- BendyBoards.co.uk (UK) – templates, tokens, dice
- Ramshackle Games (UK) – accessories & weapons (as seen in the Gaslands rulebook!)
- Chimeric Designs (UK) – templates, tokens, widgets
- Gomi Designs (UK, terrain) – terrain
- The Model Exchange (UK) – templates, tokens
- Hayland Terrain (UK) – accessories, terrain
- Fenris Games (UK) – terrain, bases
- Modelmatic (UK) – cars, cars, cars!
- Warped Mind Games (US) – templates, tokens
- Thomas Wynn Studio (US) – templates, skid dice
- LaserCast (US) – skid dice
- Sticks And Stones Terrain (US) – terrain
- Vermilion Customs (US) – commissions
- Cube Convict Designs (US) – apparel
- The Phalanx Consortium (US) – templates, tokens
- Daves Games (US) – play mats
- Atlas Miniatures (IT) – weapons
- Labmasu (IT) – templates, terrain, skid dice
- Reycast (PL) – templates, terrain
- The Miniatures Vault (Argentina) – templates, terrain, mats
- Pats Laser Cuttings (NL) – templates, tokens, terrain
Become a friend, I’ll list you on this page and in the store
Thanks for supporting Gaslands!