Forums Community The Wasteland TT Combat Highways

Topic: TT Combat Highways

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

TT Combat are at it again with more cheap MDF terrain that is awesome for Gaslands. They have recently (not sure exactly how recently so apologies if this is old news) released a set of raised up Highway roads, which I think would be pretty awesome for Gaslands if you have a big enough table.

http://ttcombat.com/collections/city-scenics/products/highway-sliproad

Anyone out there have a set? They are aimed at 28mm Batman miniatures stuff but I am guessing they will just be wider for 20mm Gaslands cars. No corner pieces yet which is the only thing putting me off.

These would be really cool for a death race because you could loop the circuit over and under.

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Oh SHIT lad, that’s is so perfect. Immediately ordered.

(I need to get in contact with these guys… Branded Gaslands tracks anyone! 🙂 )

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

Had I not just ordered a load of their stuff very recently I’d go for it myself. They look fucking awesome to be honest. Combine these with the billboard signs and some barricades 😀 . Let us know what they are like when they turn up, I’m really tempted. I need to try and figure out how many pieces I would need for my 6×4.

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

I’ve just dumped some money on them. I’m planning an “industrial dockside” race track for the next demo board, using that massive crane they do, plus the boat.

I’m planning to string the overpass together roughly like this, making it easy to get up, and really tricky to get down again!

flyover

(This might playtest the “jump” rules to destruction 😀 )

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

I plan to keep it modular if possible though.

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not sure you can get away with much more than that? Having extra sections at either end would be pointless because you would have to turn around at the ends. Their stuff looks really good, I’ve been looking at the crane as well because it would go really nicely with my MDF necromunda stuff. Scale of the crane might look a bit off for 20mm? Not sure really.

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

We shall see. I’m hoping it just looks really massive and impressive.

Where is your MDF necromunda stuff from?

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

Wargames tournaments on evilbay. I’ve got the original set but I think there is a recent second version which looks a bit better. It’s compatible with the old card stuff which is the crucial bit for me.

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

First kit assembled. I think this new board is going to be pretty epic!

TTCombat Highway

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

A little bit more done…

Post apocalyptic highway scenery

Click to view full size

James Hall
    Participant

How long are those bridge segments? In terms of, the long measuring tape used for 6th gear 😉 just interested in how many turns it might take to get from one side to the other.

Ah the joys of MDF laser cut terrain. I’ve this big train set (read, burden) that I’m making and painting as a commission. A big, 8 foot long thing. Once sprayed up it paints lovely, I think it’s just making sure to add some gravel/sand or some kind of texture to break up the large flat surfaces 🙂

Lovely stuff though, it’ll be interesting to see what it looks like finished 😉

Hell, reminds me of the time we played “Frogger” in the Judge Dredd Miniatures game at 28mm scale ;-p will have to dig up some photos hang on

James Hall
    Participant

Here you go 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.