Forums Community Rules Questions Official FAQs

Topic: Official FAQs

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Here is a link to the current official Gaslands FAQ document:

Gaslands FAQ

It will also be available in the Downloads section.

Feel free to ask questions in the “Rules Questions” forum or on this thread, and I’ll add things to the FAQ as needed.

Mike

Hi,

Downloaded the FAQ and noticed a couple of small things. Under Movement you have the LONG STRAIGHT template as 3.5cm wide. The printed templates and the plastic ones I bought from you are 3cm wide. In the question you’ve missed the d off the end of the word supposed.

Also under activations Question 2 should read:

Can I activate my vehicles in any order I choose?

You’ve missed an I and added a the.

Under Wrecks the last line has the word volatile misspelt.

Under Wipe Out first paragraph line 4 I think should say my rather than your.

Under Vehicles and Weapons para 5 should say spend not spent.

Trivia I know, and if this is the wrong place to put this I apologise.

We loved the game on first play at the weekend btw 🙂

David Fitzer
    Participant

It may be in the rulebook and I’ve just not noticed it. But, do dropped weapons (i.e mines and oil slicks) remain in play? Or are they removed at the end of gear 6?

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Thanks both, that’s all been corrected and updated now!

Ish
    Participant

The book implies and FAQ makes explicit that you cannot put a vehicle into “Gear 0.” So vehicles must remain in motion at all times… Why?

gizmomathboy
    Participant

The sponsors and audience hate it?

Emil
    Participant

Perhaps a better question is: why do you want to be in gear 0? Can’t move, can’t shoot, not participating.

Weirdo
    Participant

I bet the major arenas and tracks have Mars-grade death ray turrets over them, because in the past they had to ‘discourage’ entries that sat there and refused to fight, as a form of protest.

These days, the audience participation turrets do the same job, with free prizes available if your turret takes out any such slackers.

Adran
    Participant

Thinking about the consequences of gear 0 and you are almost just terrain based on the game mechanics. You only activate in gear phases1-6 so you can not get out of it without voting to a higher gear. Forcing a car to gear 0 could take a player out of the game entirely.
    It also stops stalemate situations where neither car wants to move first.

Ish
    Participant

I was thinking of being able to lie in ambush behind a piece of terrain or hitting the breaks at letting a pursuer pass you (or slam into your rear end).

Weirdo
    Participant

I could see a future Sponsor ability or perk that lets you put a hazard token on a car instead of activating it. This would allow you to set up a small ambush, but would discourage sitting for too long, lest you somehow wipe out while sitting still.

Ish
    Participant

Add the caveat that you have to be in Gear 1 and I think we’ve got it.

Weirdo
    Participant

That makes sense. No coming down to a stop straight from sixth gear, that’s what tractor anchors are for.

Ben Lowes
    Participant

If a movement step is interrupted by a collision is the final position defined before or after resolving the collision?

Eg: if the collision destroys or moves the obstruction do you continue moving after?

The faq mentions a war rig can piledrive multiple vehicles this way but does it happen in Any collision?

Jderie
    Participant

Side mounted ram. Does that count as only one side (page 35 ram must be purchased one per each facing) or as both sides like shooting weapons?

Adran
    Participant

Side facing is both sides

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.