Forums Community The Garage Noofy's First Attempts.

Topic: Noofy's First Attempts.

Nathan
    Participant

Ok lads and lasses, I’ve been bitten by the Gaslands bug, and like most of us have very fond memories of the early 80’s playing copious amounts of Car Wars and ‘dreaming big’.

Well now we have this thriving online community full of inspirational builds, so why the hell not?

While I wait for my hardcopy rules, I thought I’d dredge some cars from the kid’s toybox and have a crack.

I’ve given away all my GW stuff, so I’ve resorted to lego and the odd bit lying at the bottom of my miniatures tool drawer to make these builds.

The blue van in particular is inspired from what my brother and I affectionately named the ‘Blue Hoo Van’ from the original Car Wars counter set.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/117646243340764868749/6508466513143327538WIP

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Welcome! That photo link is private unfortunately.

Nathan
    Participant

Oh poo. Hmmmm. I’ll host the pics publically and then see if I can link up.
    First Steps

Flappy
    Participant

Sweet! These are really nice man. Like the bright colours. Far too many gloomy rust buckets out there already.

Like the muscle car and blue van especially – the blue/red elements on the weapons blend them into the vehicles nicely πŸ˜€

Dan T
    Participant

Love the worn effect you get on the colours really nice look. Played my first @proper” game on Monday great laugh. Got a few of my buddies making gangs as I type this

Wezza
    Participant

Those are brilliant! Nice jobs.

Nathan
    Participant

Well, my first War Rig is done! Very much inspired by the Esteemed James Hall, my Rag Waste tanker Pulled by the ‘Equus’ Monster Rig is set to Grind away any in its path – Front mounted Flamers, twin cannons and a plethora of small arms, grenade lances and spikes.

It was super fun to build / paint and I learned a lot in the process.

Equus Rig

Rear

Top down

side

the whole gang

Rik
    Participant

Wow. They’re amazing. Lego wheels?!

Rebel Wulf
    Participant

Oh hey, I have the same van as in your first picture – But I painted mine to look like a Police Swat Van πŸ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.