Dan T
    Participant

Think I have worked it out

Cars

Any recommendations to improve my work is more than welcome

Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Great stuff!

One tip, something I have noticed from my own cars, is to avoid painting the weapons totally different colours, as that draws attention to them being “bits”. I would consider using some green on the weapon casing somewhere, or use the gun metal colour on the car, to tie things together.

Cool builds though!

Dan T
    Participant

Ah that’s smart I can see how that would improve them. I Will definitely give that a go.

Dan

Dan T
    Participant

Added a bit a the second colour to the weapons and they are much more tied into the model thanks for the advice

Gaslands cars

Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Yes! Really cool.

Although now it’s more obvious that the machine gun still has a grip! 😀

Dan T
    Participant

Yes noticed that but beyond my skill to hide that. I need to find better scale weapons other than left over 40k stuff

Flappy
    Participant

Nice one Dan, I like the corrugated iron on the side of the sedan, nice use of plastic containers there 🙂

40k guns are a pretty good scale for making beefy looking car weapons, I’d stick with it.

I’d super highly recommend getting a decent Xacto Knife. You can really easily cut through the 40K plastic stuff with it, and carve off grips and whatever. If you’re careful with your cuts you can even cut the magazines off the bottom of guns and reattach them at the side with some glue, for those side mounted cannons.

That said, I really like the look of the green lambo. I’m yet to give performance/exotic cars a go, but they look fun.

Dan T
    Participant

Thanks flappy I have a good craft knife I will give it a go after putting a new blade on it. The corrugated iron is just painted corrugated cardboard from hobby craft. I use it for my shipping containers that I use on the tabletop. I will post some pics of them some time.

My choice of cars was simply down to what was in my oldest sons unused toy box (he is 15 now). Hope to have 3 gangs. One will be beat up American muscle one will be clean looking but a mix of types of cars and the other will all be Japanese imports. No names yet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.