Forums Community Dice and Templates Making the Gaslands Templates

Topic: Making the Gaslands Templates

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Gaslands needs some templates to play, and there’s an A4 sheet of them at the back of the playtest rules. To make your templates, easiest option is to print them out and stick them to some cereal-box cardboard, then cut them out with scissors or a craft knife.

Got me an empty cereal box
    crunchy nuke cornflakes

Cut out a panel from it

I used spray mount, as it’s quick
    spray mount

Snip, snip, slice, slice, and…
    gasland movement templates

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Pro-tip: stick them to the colourful side of the cereal box and they’ll have nice plain backs ;P

James Hall
    Participant

I make my first templates just by printing onto regular plain card 🙂 Works a treat, and doesn’t break the bank if you have some lying around from work!

Hollander
    Participant

For the Demo games at poldercon MDF lasercut templates will be provided by Pat’s lasercutting.. It’s in the rules, you’ve got to have a sponsor 🙂
    look for more of his excellent work here: http://www.patslasercuttings.nl

James Hall
    Participant

Scandinavian Laser cutting eh Hollander? I like it 😜

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

I thought folks might be interested to see what I’ve been working on with the manuver templates…

Notches!

Hollander
    Participant

Who needs a nodge? The arrow work fine. The large “slide ” template is unwieldy when the short straight is just as effective.

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

The notch is just intended to avoid arguments about exactly what angle the slide template should be pointed out at.

The wider slide template better describes that the vehicle is travelling “sideways” and is therefore more likely to collide with things. Before the template was expanded, we had situations where vehicles “squeezed” through gaps it made no sense for them to be able to get through.

Both changes are to help the game be more self explanatory to new players.

James Hall
    Participant

No worries mike 😉 ill be sure to download and try the new templates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.