Forums Community General How to get into listbuilder?

Topic: How to get into listbuilder?

pancakeonions
    Participant

I’d love to log in and check out the list builder here: http://ferryfm13.thirteen.axc.nl/gaslands/

But it doesn’t seem to work (creating a new log in seems fine, but logging in with it doesn’t work “Wrong combination of username and password entered. Please try again.”)

I’m using the right username, and my password is supposed to be my email… But that doesn’t work.

Any thoughts? Does the person who manages that site hang out here?

Thanks!

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Hey!

First thing I’d try is just using your username as your password, I think that’s the default.

Ferry Bazelmans is the guy that built it. He’s just working on a new version as he’s just got a copy of the final rulebook.

I’ll point him in the direction of your post here, as I think a few folks have been confused by the process.

Cheers!
    Mike

Crayne
    Participant

Just got Mike’s message. The initial password’s your username, but I’ll modify the code to just allow you to choose a password on signup. It’ll be implemented asap coming Monday.

pancakeonions
    Participant

Ah, OK! I must have misread the instructions, I was entering my username and email… But when I entered my username as the password, it did indeed work. This is great!

Does the current listbuilder include details from the final rulebook? We’re planning on playing on Wednesday, and I’ll be building cars all weekend for it!

Thanks for the effort here. Nice stuff.

Crayne
    Participant

There are some discrepancies, like the extra buildslot you can still buy in the builder, but can’t according to the published rules. And I’ve yet to include the factions and perks, simply because we (our little group of vehicular psychos) didn’t use them during our beta games.

Beginning Monday you will see a substantial overhaul. I’ve yet to decide what to with the vehicles people’ve already built though.

Fabian Lehniger
    Participant

Might be best to keep all the vehicles we’ve all build. that way we can just go back and remove anything that’s illegal.

Crayne
    Participant

It would be, but that means making sure the app doesn’t scream bloody murder when you load them after I iron out all the differences between beta and final rules. 😉

I’m not going to delete anything, but I want to make sure the app doesn’t misbehave with old vehicles after the update.

Crayne
    Participant

So…

It’s now possible to set your own password when creating a login. And it’s possible to reset your password using your e-mail address. Unfortunately the server I’m hosting this on is a shared one, so some jackass has managed to get it blacklisted for e-mail. That means it’ll simply reset to your username. However, since you have to provide your e-mail to reset, there’s not a big chance of people resetting other people’s passwords unless they know the e-mail address they signed up with.

And in other – to me frankly unsurprising – news, I forgot to take my new book into work, so no chance of working on the update today. Will resume tomorrow.

Rebel Wulf
    Participant

Hello!

Great job on the builder and thanks for making it so other people can use it!

I was coming in here to ask questions about why something wasn’t adding up the way I thought it should be… But if that’s not the final build of the builder, I’ll just park up somewhere and wait for the next version.

Its still dead handy!

Crayne
    Participant

By all means let me know if you think stuff’s not adding up correctly. The current version has recently been updated, so there shouldn’t be miscalculations. However, it’s all my handiwork and I’ve been known to make a mistake here and there. 😉

Rebel Wulf
    Participant

Ok, well – theres no cost multiplier on making weapons turret mounted/360 facing… unless I’m blind!

Crayne
    Participant

There definitely should be. Well done for spotting that. A few days ago I changed the left and right facings into the side facing. This meant changing the IDs of the facings in the database to shift down one (can’t abide by messing numbering *sigh*) and *that* meant finding out where – if anywhere – I had to hardcode facing IDs. And I missed one, the spot where I check whether the turret option was chosen. Ergo, it never returned true even if you selected 360 as the facing.

Anyway, ramble over, it’s been fixed now. Thanks!

Rebel Wulf
    Participant

Brilliant!

Sebastian
    Participant

Hello!

Thank you very much for writing that nice listbuilder!
    I got one question: What format do the pictures to upload need? I can’t find a working one(png, jpg, tried some different dimensions to the picture too). I tried using Firefox 57.0.2, Microsoft Edge(no idea what the current version is) and vivaldi(i admit, that one is obscure) on my Windows 10 PC..

Cheers!

Crayne
    Participant

Jpg, png, gif, all are okay. If it’s not working for you, can you maybe send me the pic at crayne [@t] gmail.com and any error messages you might be getting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.