Forums Community General Gaslands Grinder

Topic: Gaslands Grinder

Jeff Snoddy
    Participant

I was just thinking about ways to play gaslands with larger numbers of players, for example as a convention game. I remember playing battletech at a convention in a game they called a “grinder”. The way it worked it that every player got one weaker mech (robot) to start the game and if they got destroyed, they re-entered the game with a mech that was a little better. Towards the end of the game, the really big, nasty mechs started appearing. It really encouraged getting in there and blasting away!

I was thinking a gaslands grinder might be a blast.

Rules:
    -players are split into about 4 teams (sponsors)
    -each player starts with a bike/trike/buggy (have them pre-built with about 10 cans)
    -if a player’s vehicle is destroyed they respawn with a better vehicle each time (20 cans, then 30 cans, etc… and eventually somebody will get to throw down a war-rig!)
    -if you want to keep team scores: award 1 point for each vehicle destroyed, 1 point for each gate passed through (that way, its still a race, but its a perfectly legitimate tactic to just pound each other too!)
    -to score a point by going through a gate, you can go through them in any order you choose, so long as it is not the same gate that you went through previously
    -players may come and go as they please, just add any new players to either the team with fewer players or the team that has the lowest score

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.