Forums Community Rules Questions Flips

Topic: Flips

Tim Parnell
    Participant

When a car wipes out and flips – is it out of action after does it flip over onto its roof.?

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

No, flipping just causes damage to the vehicle and moves it, it doesn’t wreck it (unless the 2 damage remove the vehicle’s final hull points).

Tim Parnell
    Participant

Excellent. Thanks for the clarification. I thought it doesn’t say it’s wrecked but was confused between flip / not flip.

Wezza
    Participant

I was looking for clarification on this rule also.

Can’t a flipped car end up on it’s roof? Seems overly lucky that cars land back on their wheels every time … a flip would seem a pretty drastic outcome.

1-2: Roof
    3-5: Wheels
    6: left or right side

Just a suggestion

Mark Ellis
    Participant

Seems overly harsh IMO. I think your being too literal and ‘flip’ in my view is just damage done due to lack of control. Buggies are built for handling such and thus can avoid the damage.

Otherwise, the loss of handling is too impactful for the enjoyment in the game.

Nathan
    Participant

Yeah, I like to think of the action as cinematic – so if a car flips then wrecks, sure it ends up on its roof (as per the rules on wrecking), otherwise, its just an ‘oh crap’ moment for the driver.

Wezza
    Participant

I’m reading the rules to make sure I have it correct and this is where my confusion comes in

Resolving a wipeout (pg 29)

3.1 make flip check
    3.2 if fails suffer 2 hits
    3.3 if fails move medium straight
    – collision window –
    3.4 reduce to gear 1
    3.5 remove hazard tokens
    3.6 next player rotates vehicle to any facing
    – collision window –

So – if the flip check fails, proceeds 1x medium straight, check for collisions and ends in gear 1 and rotated by another player to any facing, check again for collisions

If the flip check succeeds (the car doesn’t flip) then reduce to gear 1, remove tokens and the car gets rotated, check for collisions.

But under Flip Check it says:
    “When a vehicle suffers a wipeout, it must make a FLIP CHECK to see if it

flips over and rolls

” which says it will roll over. Does it always land back on it’s wheels? I guess so?

Wezza
    Participant

Sorry for the wonky formatting, was trying to underline “flips over and rolls”

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Sorry, yes, “flips over and rolls” is pure thematic description, the car always lands back on its wheels.

Wezza
    Participant

Thanks Mike !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.