Forums Community The Wasteland Docklands Board

Topic: Docklands Board

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Starting some work on a new display board. I have big plans, but I also have a daughter on the way in April 😀 so I hope I have time to do everything I have imagined before! 😀

James Hall
    Participant

What kind of colour are you thinking foe the litter assembly? A heavy industrial yellow? Metals? 😉

I always like seeing your terrain. Mdf is never the easiest to work with, but you add some great textures to it 🙂

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

I was imagining starting with a strong primary colour. Likely red or yellow, and then going really heavy on the rust and grime. I will probably avoid metallics, as nothing survives the apocalypse and remains shiny…

I have a great boat/tanker thing that this will be loading, but I’m still debated where to have a “dry riverbed” to allow the racers to race off the docks and into the filthy river bed.

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Some work in progress on buildings for the board:

I have received help:

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Plenty of work done on this new board, but still quite a lot to do… and my wife is looking fit to burst, so the clock is nearly out! 😀

Here’s some work in progress shots of the warehouses:

Visor for scale…

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

I’ve also been working on a fully textured board, a short of extension to my normal 4×4 to give the display board some extra OOMPH to help it be eye-catching at Salute, where we’ll be lost if we don’t have something very shouty!

Work in progress shots, and it’s pretty much finished.

The finished thing is supposed to look like a dried-up dustbowl post-apocalyptic riverbed…

Mike
    Mike
    Gaslands Overlord

Sooooo… Progress slowed for a little while, as my daughter was born!!!

She’s healthy and happy, and with all the washing and cleaning done, paternity leave and Easter bank holiday have provided some windows to continue getting ready for Salute.

Warehouses got based with stone effect spray paint.

The crane got a red undercoat, then hits of brown and black, followed by orange rust.

The ship started off with a “hammered metal” effect spray paint, and then I went to town with browns and oranges.

Exactly the same approach for the detachable backdrops.

More help was received…

Here’s how it get assembled (so I get transport it to London):

Stuart Kelly
    Participant

Looks awesome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.