Forums Community The Garage Bits and Weapons

Topic: Bits and Weapons

Robby Fowler
    Participant

I do not play 40K or any other type of tabe top wargaming. What are the best places to find pieces of armor, weapons, and other cool stuff to make a Deathracer?

David Graffam
    Participant

Robby Fowler
    Participant

WOW!!! Thank you. This should get me started. I can’t wait to build my first Deathracer.

Pete Wilkins
    Participant

There’s also a link somewhere for using toothpicks, floss picks, beads, and other household stuff. I’m working on a couple toothpick machine guns and will post when done.

Matt Bohnhoff
    Participant

Also, even if you don’t play, your local gaming store may have a “bits pile”. Warhammer (and other games) come with multiple gun options and such and the unused bits get left at the store for others to scavenge.

I dug through the bits pile at mine and got enough weapons and plating for 6 cars for $3.

It’s kind of fun, like garage sale shopping or thrift store hopping but very tiny.

Dakratfink
    Participant

I have been using a mix of sprue trees from old 1/24 scale kits, safety wire and small diameter aluminum tubing .
    I’ve also cut the guns off little plastic army men ( like $1.50USD for a whole bag of them )
    I have also used chunks o plasti card and cat little jugs as armor bits

Brett R. Duffy
    Participant

I just bought stuff to play this. And one thing that I thought if was using weapons from action figures. I bougut a 200pc lot of them on Ebay. It will be a month before it gets here. But you may want to try that was well.

Tallghost
    Participant

Is there any chance of this thread getting pinned so it is easy to find? New comers like myself will find it very helpful. especially if we continue to add sources.

Pete Wilkins
    Participant

Some other folks at my flgs have also been using 15mm tank parts, turrets, tracks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.